Monday, November 28, 2011

Week 12

Dear Family,
So begins my delay time. So far it's been really fun! My new companion, Bauer 자매님 and I have the room all to ourselves! That's a nice change from being with five other 자매님들. And since we don't really have a schedule for class, the teachers have come up with some really fun activities for us to do.
Last night, we planned an FHE activity for one of our investigators, and then we translated a hymn. So maybe that doesn't sound super exciting.... But those are defintely joys of missionary life.
 
I hope you got the pictures I sent! I think the one where I'm "watching" conference is my favorite. I would also like to say that that picture was not staged at all! I woke up from surgery and begged to watch conference. I don't know why that was my first thought upon waking up. I didn't realize that watching conference was not really a possiblity. But one of the incredibly nice nurses got out her laptop and set it up for us. After she did, I immediately fell asleep. Haha.
 
So a little bit about my new 동반자 (companion). She's from Orem. She went to UVU before her mission. There not really sure what's wrong with her right now, but she can't keep food down. Hopefully they find out what's wrong with her in these next couple weeks so she can go to Korea with me!
 
With all this time at the MTC, I'm basically a pro! So, if you know any missionaries coming in to the MTC, please send these tips their way:
1. As far as new books, and scriptues go, DON'T BUY THEM AT HOME. You can buy almost anything you want at the MTC bookstore, with a discount. So just wait to purchase anything new.
2. Stay away from the chicken in the cafeteria.... It doesn't agree with most people.
3. READ PREACH MY GOSPEL AS MUCH AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN!!!!!!!! I don't know how much I can stress this point. I'm so ashamed at how little I studied PMG before my mission. There isn't time in the MTC to do an in-depth study of 나의 복음을 전파하라 (PMG). So read as much of it as you can before you enter the MTC.
 
And just a side note to that last tip. PMG is probably my favorite book aside from the Book of Mormon. Every member, and I mean every member, should be studying from it's pages. It's an incredible resource. I can't believe I didn't take more advantage of it.
 
4. Pack lightly... My old companion ended up with 50 lbs of extra things at the end of our stay.
 
I think that's all the things I can think of right now regarding that.
I'm not sure exactly what the schedule will be for Thanksgiving. I know a service project should be involved. And I've heard rumours of an apostle coming.
 
Tell the boys to write me....
사랑합니다!!!!!!
-우ㅐ스트럽 자매

No comments:

Post a Comment