Saturday, November 19, 2011

Week 11

Dear Family,
Well, it seems that I will be delayed. No worries. It was a little frustrating when I found out last week. It's hard to feel like you're fufilling your purpose as a missionary when you're stuck inside of the MTC for two weeks longer than you were supposed to be here. But I've been thinking a lot about the blessings that are coming with it. And there are sooo many. I'm starting to get really excited about staying longer. I'll pretty much reign over the younger district. I might even be able to convince them to pack for me when it's time to leave. Also, I'm going to have my teachers all to myself. Yup, that's right, one on one Korean tutoring. Who could ask for anything more? And I get to celebrate Thanksgiving. The more I write, the more excited I get. So, I should be leaving by December 5th. I'm not sure if I'll be traveling with other missionaries, or if I'll be by myself. I won't get my travel plans until the week before. And I'll get to call from the airport.
Since you called the MTC mom, President Sonne comitted me to telling you all the details of everything that's going on. Although I'm not sure what he meant by that. I do tell you everything every week.... SO you really don't have to call the MTC anymore. He said if you have any questions medically, you should call the MTC dr. Or Dr. Jackson... After my email last week, I saw Dr. Jackson. He took out my stiches and said that I'd be here at least another two weeks. We then decided that because of my back pain, a cortozone shot in my spine might be a good idea. And so, I made my way over to the other side of the Dr.'s office and Dr. Richie gave me the shot. It was probably the most painful thing I've ever experienced. Later my companion said that because of that shot, getting an epidural later in life should be a cinch. Sister Painter always looks on the bright side of things.
Other than those exciting events, life at the MTC is finally getting back to normal for me. I'm pushing through with Korean. I think my teachers are actually surprised at how well I speak Korean considering the circumstances.
SO I didn't have time to finish the letter last week and include pictures. BUT, it's in the mail box as I type this. SO have no fear, it should arrive by the end of the week. There's some pretty funny ones from surgery.
This computer is acting a little funny. SO i'll probably have to cut this email a little short. Mom, if you're getting tights,  I'll be layering a lot underneath them.
How are the kids? Why haven't the boys written me at all? FAIL. You didn't answer the questions I asked in my last email. How are things going with your hip mom?
We're hoping for an Apostle tonight at the devotional. We haven't had one in awhile. We're thinking it's due time for one.
Things really are going well. Despite the set backs, I know how much Heavenly Father loves me and is blessing me throughout this whole process. Earlier this week I read Elder Holland's talk from October Conference of 2008; "The Ministry of Angels". Heavenly Father's sent me a lot of angels while I've been in the MTC. (I reccomend reading the talk if you get the chance)
Love you all! I'll be home in only 15 more months. Isn't that so crazy!?
-westrup cha-mae

No comments:

Post a Comment