Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Chirstmas

So plans to email at the library failed. So this email will be a
little bit on the short side again. Sorry!

Things are going great here! We're still teaching the sisters. The
younger one, Sunny, came to church on Sunday. We've also started
teaching some other really great investigators this week. I feel
really good about them. I wish I could tell you more details, but
there's not enough time. I'll try and write a snail mail today.

The members here are fantastic. They tell me that I look like a
celebrity. (which is always really nice to hear) We've gotten a few
dinner appointments. I just LOVE Korean food. I can't get over how
much I love it. I've only tried one thing that was really disgusting.
My companion and I were in a store buying some grocercies and I
spotted this cheesy sausagey looking thing. So naturally I decided to
try it. Much to my dismay, IT WAS NOT CHEESE. Nor did it taste good. I
had to eat three oranges just to get the taste out of my mouth. It was
sick.

Before I left the MTC, Elder Christofferson spoke to us. He promised
that our afflictions would be swallowed up in the joy of Jesus Christ.
When he promised us this, I felt the truth of what he spoke, but I
wasn't quite sure how this could be accomplished. Now that I'm in
Korea, I understand a little bit better what he meant. Besides the
cold, my hip can sometimes hurt. I think that before my mission, I
easily would have given up walking most places because of the pain.
But somehow, it just doesn't seem to matter. When you think about
things from an eternal perspective, the pain lessens. There are so
many people here yearning to hear the gospel, and they don't even know
it! How can I just stop walking and talking with people? (actually, my
Korean stops me more than my leg does)

So, just something to think about during the Christmas season. Things
always get stressful and hard. But whatever afflictions we face WILL
be swallowed up in the joy of Jesus Christ if we allow ourselves to do
so.

Wellp. I better get going
사렁해요!!!!
우ㅐ 스트럽 자매

No comments:

Post a Comment