Monday, September 12, 2011

A Practice in Humility

I don't pocess the writing skills that Rebekah has, but I hope to keep you interested for the next 18 months as a contributing writer to her blog.    Rebekah, before she left was blessed to be humble and practice humility.  Before she even left out the door, her first encounter with humility arrived in a package from the Brigham Young University Religious Studies Center.  A long awaited research project had come to fruition in the form of a publication from Deseret Book.  Rebekah, under the mentorship of Professor Dennis A. Wright, had researched and written a paper on the historic site of Ensign Peak.  She asked if I thought she whould take it with her.  Well, #1...it was not on the required list of books to bring.  #2...probably not the place or time to brag about your accomplishments.  Side note here... I was not blessed to have humility while she is gone and that is why I am sharing this on her blog 'cuz I think this is way exciting.


After devouring the chapter entitled, "Ensign Peak: A Historical Review," I did take the time to read some of the other chapters.  If you love Utah history or the settling of the Salt Lake Valley, there are several pieces which might be of interest.  Such as "Salt Lake City:  Founded upon the Doctrine and Covenants,"  "Camp Douglas:  Keeping a Watchful Eye on the Saints," and "And Should We Die? Pioneer Burial Grounds in Salt Lake City"  to name a few.  In fact I wished we had access to the book when Roger and I gave talks in Sacrament meeting for the 24th of July. I wish we had the time before she left to really talk about her chapter.   It's a good read and I give a 5 out of 5 stars. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment